The Inflation Reduction Act Is Now Law What It Will Do For Californians
What will the Inflation Reduction Act do for you?
I understand the realities of legislative compromise, but come on. Were at a tipping point, and compromising on climate change initiatives makes for small steps forward when giant leaps are needed.
In California, where Gov. Gavin Newsom has set a goal of banning the sale of gas-powered vehicles by 2035, the charging infrastructure is in place for expensive Teslas, but not for cheaper electric cars. And the disappointing reality is that EV incentive programs for low- and moderate-income buyers either have long waiting lists or have been shut down, as CalMatters laid out this month.
Supply shortages are largely to blame, said Tim Tyner, co-director of the Central California Asthma Collaborative. The agency, which advocates for cleaner air and works with the state on EV incentives, has drawn interest from several thousand residents but has managed to line up only 23 clients with electric vehicles in recent months due to supply shortages and state funding limitations.
For some clients, Tyner said, several thousand dollars in financial incentives were negated by dealer markups, putting new cars beyond reach.
Awareness is there and interest is there, Tyner told me. But unfortunately, I think we are at least a year or two years behind where we want to be in terms of having vehicle pricing and incentives all line up.
For the time being, Ill hold on to my plug-in hybrid.
It Is Better For The Environment
Getting behind the wheel of an electric car is a great way to reduce your carbon footprint. Many electric vehicles, including the all-new 2021 Volkswagen ID.4, have zero emissions. This reduction in emissions is helpful to the environment. It’s just one of the ways you can do your part to reduce the impact of climate change.
What Car Buyers Should Know About The Coming Tax Credits For Evs
For California consumers thinking about going electric, the Inflation Reduction Act could tilt the math in favor of nabbing that new Model 3 or F-150 Lightning sooner than later.
So instead of going all electric, I decided to wait for better options and take a half-step toward cleaner energy in the interim. I leased a plug-in hybrid.
My Kia Niro goes 24 miles on electric power, then switches to gas and gets about 45 miles to the gallon. Because so many of my trips are short, the majority of my drives are all electric, and recharging is easy. I plug the car in each evening, to a standard 110-volt outlet, and wake up to another 24 miles of electric power. And plug-in hybrids are much cheaper than all electric.
But Im going to confess to a bit of buyers remorse. The evidence of accelerating climate change has become more alarming, with California as dry as dust and much of the world suffering through record heat and drought, along with the drought-deluge cycle associated with climate change.
Then there was the price of gas, which topped $6 a gallon and made me wish Id gone all electric. On top of that, state subsidies and federal tax credits were becoming available to accelerate the conversion away from fossil fuels.
And then I opened the paper one day and read a letter to the editor by Paul Scott, co-founder of Plug In America, an electric car advocacy group.
He came home and said to me, I want to live my dream, said Dubin-Scott.
Also Check: Tesla Garage Door Opener Model Y
Used 2022 Lexus Rx 350 In Los Angeles Ca
Stock #Selection Of Vehicles
At Los Angeles Used Cars, we have a wide array and assortment of vehicles. We have all makes and models of cars. If there is a particular car make, model and trim that you are searching for and we do not have it in inventory, dont worry! We can always make arrangements and accommodations to get you the vehicle you want. However, we have a vast selection of Nissan, Toyota, Lexus, Honda, Ford, GMC, Chevrolet and other manufacturers. Whether you are looking for a specific car, truck or SUV, we can make sure you leave our dealership with what you are looking for!
We offer some of the best incentives, specials, deals and discounts when it comes to our inventory of vehicles. We work with any and all of our customers and potential buyers to ensure that we can get them into the car, truck or SUV they are searching for. Depending on the vehicle, date, season or upcoming event, we have a tendency to offer discounts and specials to help with the sale or financing of a vehicle. Some forms of incentives may also include: cash discounts, low APR rates, financing rebates or other exclusive offers.
Used Cars And Trucks In Los Angeles County
Here at Los Angeles Used Cars, we know our customers can have their selection among the numerous dealerships throughout the Los Angeles County area. This is why we dont just aim to please Los Angeles drivers with the best assortment of used cars, trucks and SUVs around thats not enough! Our goal is to ensure every aspect of your visit at our dealership, whether youre purchasing, shopping or getting your vehicle maintenance, is the very best it can be. One of the reasons why a prospective customer or purchaser should buy from us is because of our location! Located in the wonderful city of Cerritos, CA, we are located in the southeast region of Los Angeles County. Cerritos is a part of the Los Angeles-Long Beach-Anaheim Metropolitan Area that has been designated by the Office Of Management and Budget. Another positive aspect about the location of Los Angeles Used Cars is that the bordering cities are: Bellflower, Lakewood, Norwalk, La Mirada, Santa Fe Springs and Artesia !!!!
- 18707 E Studebaker Rd Building B, Cerritos, CA 90703, United States
Recommended Reading: Public Electric Car Charging Stations
Electric Cars For Sale In Los Angeles Ca Reviews
- Andrea K.The entire process was seamless timeless and so easyRead More
- 2014 BMW X1Los Angeles, CAI totally enjoyed the experience of searching and researching cars online/offline before having to talk to anyone. I was able to view any vehicle I liked with the specific amenities and features. I loved the search feature because it helped me find exactly what I wanted by different criterion. Once I purchased, I picked up my vehicle and the process took no more than 20 minutes. I decided not to keep this vehicle and exercised my vehicle return agreement. The process was VERY seamless. I called and a rep help me find the vehicle I ultimately kept. It was delivered days later and I am very happy with my decision! The process was very good for me. I dont much about cars and I like that these cars go through a rigorous inspection. I put my trust in that. I also appreciate the Carvana warranty. That gave me a piece of mind, for driving off the lot. Overall, my experience was excellent and Carvana does EXACTLY what they say they’re going to do. I appreciate that. No hidden agenda. Thank you forRead More
Las All Electric Car Sharing Service
A Smarter Way to Get Around Town
BlueLA powered by Blink Mobility, is a smarter, greener transportation option in Los Angeles, improving the community and environment one ride at a time. BlueLA powered by Blink Mobility car sharing provides members with new, fully-electric vehicles for their everyday needs. Clean and convenient EVs can be picked up and dropped off at 40 locations around the city, making the need for your own car the old way of getting around.
Featuring low monthly membership fees and only cents per minute use rates, BlueLA powered by Blink Mobility is sure to fit everyones budget.
Boasting 40 convenient locations across LA, easy reservations, and simple self-service rentals, BlueLA powered by Blink Mobility is the easiest way to rent a car.
Featuring a fleet of brand-new Chevy Bolt electric crossover vehicles, BlueLA powered by Blink Mobility cars are practical, comfortable, fun, and perfect for LA driving!
Do good for the environment and your wallet, reducing CO2 emissions while enjoying the torque only an electric vehicle can provide with BlueLA powered by Blink Mobility.
Get Started with Smarter Transportation
BlueLA powered by Blink Mobility members enjoy convenient access to a fleet of new, fully-electric vehicles available for rent at low rates.
You May Like: Black Tesla Model 3 Performance
Zero Emissions Or Noise Pollution
Zero emissions – that’s right zero, meaning you are not emitting any waste product that might pollute the air and environment. Electric cars are extremely quiet in comparison to regular engines, the revs don’t have to push so hard so they drive very smooth. They are so quiet that there are calls for new electric cars to make louder sound to help pedestrians know they are there.
So buying an electric car is good not just for you but for the environment, with more and more options and incentives each year it is a great time to go electric, for the environment it’s about time we all considered it.
Autocheck Vehicle History Summary
Located in Pacoima, CA/ 15 miles away from Los Angeles, CA
2019 Tesla Model 3 Standard Range RWD *Ltd Avail*……Wholesale Prices Available to Public now! Hurry these amazing great deal will end soon, Lowest …
This dealership is dishonest. Their advertised prices are complete lies. They will not sell you a car at their advertised price, as they add so-called theft protection and other useless add-ons for $3000. These add-ons are not disclosed anywhere on their many used car advertising sites, nor in-person prior to completing the purchase. In my case, this was on a car listed just under $6000 on Edmunds, their own website, and many other used car websites. I wasted more than 2 hours driving there and back, plus test driving the car, before they disclosed their true offered price. Avoid this place, do not do business with them.
Don’t Miss: How Much Is The Tesla Suv
Los Angeles Drives Electric
Los Angeles Drives Electric
More than 700,000 electric cars are on the road in California. Will the next one be yours?
Electric Car Guide
There’s an electric car for everyone. Find the one that’s right for you, learn more about available models, pricing and driving ranges.
Incentives for Electric Cars
Find essential information about California electric car rebates, the federal tax credit, carpool lane access and additional incentives for new and used electric cars.
Charging at Home and on the Go
Drive past the gas pump and discover how much easier it is to plug in at home and on the go. Learn about different charging methods and find rebates for home charging equipment.
Benefits of Driving Electric
Saving money, waking up with a full tank and carpool lane access for solo drivers just a few of the many advantages of driving electric. Read more and review our FAQs.
Read Stories from Current Drivers
See what people are saying about their electric car experiences, vehicle performance, charging convenience and the rewards of driving electric.
Kia Electric For Sale In Los Angeles Ca Reviews
- Andrea K.The entire process was seamless timeless and so easyRead More
- 2019 Kia ForteLos Angeles, CACarvana was super easy to use. As someone who doesn’t know a whole lot about cars, the info Carvana provides is easy to comprehend! I love that I didn’t have to go anywhere or have to navigate the pushy car salesman. Very happy with my purchase.Read More
- 2017 Kia SportageJefferson, OHThis was the best way to buy a car. Super easy and stress free. No pushy salespeople. Vey happy with my purchase and will use again when I need another vehicle!Read More
- 2020 Kia TellurideKilleen, TXThe process was very easy and I felt like I got a great offer for my trade in.Read More
- 2022 Kia CarnivalBeavercreek, OHProcess was much better than trying to buy from a local dealer. Crossing my fingers that registration goes as expected. Only complaint is the passenger mirror has a pretty deep and long gouge on the top that wasn’t pictured like the other more minor blemishes. I’m giving benefit of the doubt that it happened after posting or in transit based on the rest of my experiences with Carvana. First estimate I got to repair was $600, if it wasn’t threw the paint I’d be less concerned. Going to see what replacing the mirror shroud will cost instead to avoid color match issues. Overall customer service agents were great and the process was smooth and other than the one damaged area all information and identified defects was transparent and accurate.Read More
You May Like: Electric Car Charging Voltage And Current
What Is The Average Price Of Used Electric Cars In The Top 10 Cities
|Save $12,177 on 116 deals||605 listings|
|Save $25,053 on 341 deals||1,135 listings|
|Save $23,117 on 125 deals||426 listings|
|Save $21,689 on 204 deals||735 listings|
|Save $22,073 on 153 deals||432 listings|
|Save $24,694 on 236 deals||525 listings|
|Save $24,431 on 218 deals||492 listings|
|Save $15,138 on 119 deals||451 listings|
|Save $22,489 on 128 deals||466 listings|
|Save $29,536 on 76 deals||264 listings|
Price Of Used Electric Cars In Los Angeles Ca By Distance
|Distance from Los Angeles, CA||Average Price|
|Save $25,053 on 341 deals||1,135 listings|
|Save $25,053 on 407 deals||1,476 listings|
|Save $25,053 on 452 deals||1,661 listings|
- Used Electric Cars in Boston, MA Save $10,668 on 24 Deals 174 Listings from $10,995
- Used Electric Cars in Cincinnati, OH Save $7,596 on 7 Deals 39 Listings from $8,995
- Used Electric Cars in Erie, PA Save $5,528 on 2 Deals 3 Listings from $64,544
- Used Electric Cars in Flint, MI Save $2,710 on 1 Deal 29 Listings from $14,305
- Used Electric Cars in Greenville, NC Save $18,343 on 3 Deals 14 Listings from $11,990
Read Also: Tesla Model 3 Ppf Cost
Electric Car Rebates And Incentives: What To Know By State
If you own an electric car or want to purchase one soon, youll need to know what EV incentives exist that can help you defray costs. Many states offer rebates and tax deductions to make the transition to electric vehicles more attractive, like electricity discounts or bill credits. These bonuses can also apply to plug-in hybrid electric vehicles , fuel cell electric vehicles, electric motorcycles, and more.
This article will outline the incentives available in each state. Because state incentives continue to evolve, we plan to update as new information becomes available. See our story on federal incentives to find out about those.
Use our jump links below to connect to your state or Washington, D.C., faster.
Tesla Model X Performance
Used 2020 Tesla Model X Performance for SaleCategory:
Please enter a five-digit zip code to find cars for sale near you.
- Used Electric Cars in Sacramento, CA Save $12,811 on 40 Deals 257 Listings from $8,499
- Used Nissan Altima Save $7,107 on 6,088 Deals 19,308 Listings from $995
- Used Ford Escape Save $7,209 on 8,872 Deals 24,923 Listings from $1,500
- Used Jeep Grand Cherokee Save $15,964 on 9,891 Deals 23,053 Listings from $1,200
- Used Chevrolet Tahoe Save $16,300 on 5,548 Deals 12,697 Listings from $1,900
- Used Kia Optima Save $5,856 on 2,669 Deals 6,769 Listings from $2,000
- Used Toyota Prius Save $6,893 on 610 Deals 3,141 Listings from $2,950
- Used Ford Fiesta Save $4,119 on 874 Deals 2,547 Listings from $2,250
- Used GMC Yukon Save $16,374 on 3,209 Deals 6,887 Listings from $2,495
- Used Ford Super Duty F-350 Save $23,733 on 2,953 Deals 8,372 Listings from $5,900
- Used Mazda Mazda6 Save $5,318 on 710 Deals 2,153 Listings from $1,995
Why Should You Buy An Electric Vehicle The Team At Volkswagen Of Downtown La Has Answers
Are you currently shopping for a new car and considering the purchase of an electric vehicle? Do you find the idea of driving an electric car intriguing, but you aren’t sure about taking the plunge? We know that there are a lot of folks who are considering making the jump into the world of electric cars. All the signs point to this technology leading the way into the future of driving. If you are wondering if now is the time to buy or lease an electric vehicle, the team at Volkswagen of Downtown L.A., located at 1900 South Figueroa Street in Los Angeles, CA, has some reasons why it might be time for you to consider this technology.